Saturday, May 5, 2012

It's all about perspective

I was sitting in the front seat of the van.  All three kids were buckled up behind me. We were waiting for Nate to finish up in the fish store, and the kids were getting restless (Sean even suggested leaving without Daddy). So to keep them entertained, I pulled out the iPod, and turned on the camera. The first sight to greet me was a horrible image of my fat, double chin. It was disgusting. I felt like a bloated toad. I almost turned off the camera. But then I lifted it higher, so the kids could be in the picture, too. From a different angle, I suddenly didn't look so bad anymore. Not runway model material, for sure, but heaps better than before. I guess it's all in how we look at ourselves that matters.



I was feeling a bit down this week, because I've hardly lost any weight this week (only about 1/2 pound vs. six pounds last week). I wasn't even doing anything different. It was enough to make me want to give up and go eat some cake...or that chocolate bar the RS gave me for my birthday...or something. But then I could see in the picture that my face does look a bit slimmer. So again, it's all about perspective.

No comments: