Saturday, May 5, 2012

Family outing--iPod photos

I've recently discovered the camera function on my iPod. It's kind of fun. It can take pictures of what's in front of it, or what's behind it. They're not super high quality photos, but they're good for candid shots...and entertaining kids, as I found out today.

We went out on a family outing this afternoon, mostly to run errands. We'd been in the car about two minutes when Nate and I noticed that both Meagan and Sean were asleep. I guess they were tired.

Yes, Sean is holding a sparkly, silver purse. Legacy of having two older sisters, I suppose. When I bought them purses to carry their money around, he had to have one, too. Hey, at least it's not pink.

Our last stop of the day was Target/Petco. I went into Target with the kids, while Nate went fish shopping at Petco (he loves this Petco, says they have a great coral selection). We finished first, obviously, and were sitting in the car waiting for Nate. The kids were getting restless. Sean wanted to leave without Nate. He said Daddy could just ride home in someone else's car.

So I started taking pictures to keep them happy. They loved it. When we got home, I was surprised to fnd that I'd taken 62 pictures. They kept pulling funny faces or doing silly things, just to see the pictures of themselves. Here are some of my favorites:

Sean's holding his new piggy bank he bought with his own money. It's a pig/race car bank. You can't see the front, but there is an actual pig face and it has the general shape of a pig, but then there are wheels instead of legs. He loves it. He passed up a Lightening McQueen pillow to buy it.


I love Bethany's smile in this one.

Sean's expression here is pretty funny.



Towards the end, the kids wanted me to take an upside down picture of them. When I told them it didn't really work that way, they decided that they would be upside down instead. That was the best Sean could do in his car seat, and Meagan was still buckled up, too.

No comments: